Subject: Re: using getopt_long (was Re: Bluetooth update)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/18/2005 00:05:33
On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 08:54:23PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>
> >If we're going to start adding new uses of getopt_long we should, at
> >the very least, discuss it first.
>
> Ok, lets....
>
> I think we should convert all of our in-tree programs to use long
> options (compatible with the corresponding GNU program, when
> appropriate).

I think we should change our ls(1) to insert ANSI color sequences into
its output (regardless of selected terminal type) and add a --dwim
option to the disklabel(8) and fdisk(8) programs.

Seriously, if you want the Linux userland, you know where to find it.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky