Subject: Re: small wscons.conf enhancement
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/13/2005 16:12:37
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu> wrote on Tue, 13 Dec 2005
at 06:33:51 +0100 in <Pine.LNX.4.61.0512130630080.12122@m24s24.vlinux.de>:

> You mean like the vm.idlezero sysctl which apparently is in NetBSD for
> ages but was never mentioned in sysctl(3), sysctl(8) nor src/doc/CHANGES?

This is a good point and it bears repeating.

We have a *POOR* track record with making sure that each and every
little change gets documented.

One way to help that is to encourage developers to make documentation
changes along with source changes, and a way to encourage that is to
submit documentation changes for review along with source code changes.

Of course it may not make sense in many cases, esp. when a source code
change is under significant debate or fluid, etc. But in the cases where
it is feasable and reasaonble, I think we should do it, in order
to increase the likelyhood that the documentation actually does get
updated.

--jhawk