Subject: Re: usermod, login class
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/22/2005 15:50:56
On 14:24, Sat 22 Oct 05, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 06:39:52PM +0200, rudolf wrote:
> > [...] In the usermod
> > soure file (/usr/src/usr.sbin/user/user.c) are pwp->pw_class
> > manipulations inside "#ifdef EXTENSIONS". I don't know what EXTENSIONS
> > means, should this work under generic build of 2.1_RC6 (amd64)?
>
> "EXTENSIONS" just denotes extra functionality over and above the
> standard Solaris 2.6 functionality (the utility was coded up after
> reading Solaris 2.6 manual pages).

Just as a side note, we build with EXTENSIONS by default rudolf.
Without EXTENSIONS we lose some options.

Which also reminds me Alistair, shouldn't we mention in the man page
which options are dropped if someone decides not to build with
EXTENSIONS? Also to that point, is there a huge reason why we MUST
keep EXTENSIONS?

--
		Liam J. Foy
		liamfoy@sepulcrum.org