Subject: chkconfig(8) updates
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex@atlantis.aspadmin.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/23/2005 14:09:08
I'm beginning to fix up src/sbin/chkconfig/ to try to make it work more appropriately and maybe complain a little less in the process. I really love chkconfig from IRIX it's one of the 1 or 2 nice things in the whole OS. Anyway I am also going to try to write a version that tests against freebsd and netbsd since they both use the same rc.d.

Onto questions:
  1. most I use /etc/rc.conf.d/ ? I would think it might be better to just use /etc/rc.conf and a little bit of magic. or even /etc/rc.d/* rcvar..
  2. What other rc managment tools are people interested in?

Alexander