Subject: Re: base64 support for uu{de,en}code
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/01/2005 18:27:36
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Dillo and I have added base64 support to uu{de,en}code, per IEEE
> Std 1003.1-2004. The diff and a tarball with regression tests are
> attached. (The regression Makefile will need some more work.)
> While there, we also added support for -o to uudecode and made
> some minor style fixes.
>
> Since uudecode is a host tool, we'd like to know if this breaks
> any hosts, we only tested on NetBSD/i386.
>
> Any comments before we commit?

Looks good at a glance.  I've noticed we've not matched SUSv3/whatever
with this and am happy to see this change.

One question - would using BIO_f_base64(3) make the code any simpler?
The example in the manual page looks pretty simple.

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/