Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/etc
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/06/2005 14:56:39
[Thus spake Christopher W. Richardson ("CWR: ") 5:23pm...]

CWR: Though there were several people who expressed this same opinion,
CWR: I think the consensus (in a IETF-esque "rough consensus" sense
CWR: ... not exactly enthusiasm and certainly not unanimity) was to
CWR: use the _-prefix for new system accounts, but not to change the
CWR: existing ones.

There was no consensus.  It was mentioned and then I think other problems
came up to relegate this particular issue to later discussion.

Since later discussion hasn't happened, I recommend that either it
be discussed and agreed upon with a severe positive reaction, or that
it be dropped completely.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with the premise on the whole.
systrace is there for a reason; why not use it?

Just my (0xff & 0x03);

				--*greywolf;