Subject: Re: Ignore case in pgrep(1)
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/11/2005 07:31:43
* On 2005-03-11 at 00:03 GMT, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> Is there prior art in other systems implementations of pkill for the
> choice of -i for "ignore case"?

Solaris doesn't have it (although I don't have Solaris 10 to check
there).  The Linux version describes itself as "fully compatible" with
the Solaris version and also doesn't have it.  FreeBSD and OpenBSD
took theirs from us and haven't added it either.

I don't know that anything else implements these utilities; the only
other system I have locally is AIX 5.2 which doesn't.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/