Subject: Re: rtsol missing from floppy
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/01/2005 02:26:24
Hubert Feyrer said:

>Why/how?
>As far as I understand, you configure fss during system runtime, to do
>backups and so on. Do they persist across reboots (so that it would matter
>when install media is booted)? What do I miss?

Maybe I'm looking at it as being similar to snapshots on the Network Appliance
WAFL filesystem, where the snapshots are persistent until deleted or written
over by a new snapshot. Although it does seem you are right as the FSSCONFIG(8)
man page describes psuedo disks. Looks like I'll have to try it to understand
it.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		http://www.rmkhome.com/