Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/syslogd
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/09/2004 15:11:13
At 02:38 PM 12/9/2004, Daniel Carosone wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:56:47AM +0000, Matt Thomas wrote:
> > Make syslogd automatically recover from full disks by noticing that the
> > write error was ENOSPC and either wait for a successfull write or a
> > different errno.
>
>(without having read the change)
>
>Will it count and log something like "N messages lost due to disk
>full" when space is once again available?

It could but it's not easy since you'd want to the lost count message
to be emitted before the first successfully written message but since
a message being successfully written is how you detect that you can
write again ... it's too late.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/