Subject: Re: issues with screenblank and wscons
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/25/2004 22:17:10
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:54:49 +1100, Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org> wrote:

> I think the problem is that the mtime and/or atime isn't updated
> on the wscons ttyE? correctly, or at least, as it would be on a
> serial or traditional workstation console.   I would like to see
> this fixed correctly.

From what I gather, it seems that the mtime and atime are modified by
VOP_SETATTR().  As i dont think  the vfs is involved  in the
code path that  required for a keystroke to get to the tty, the atime and
mtime for wskbd device is not modified.  Hence I am not sure as to what the
correct fix would be, trying to overcome this limitation to get stat()
to work with ws* ?
 Or to try and approach it in an altogether  different way?