Subject: Re: moving etc/release from etc to base set
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/04/2004 10:21:09
--DCA/C9WSnDtl50zu

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:15:53PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | > I've considered that a reasonable solution to this is to move
  | > /etc/release from the `etc' set to the `base' set.
  | > This would go against our prior art of not having /etc/ files
  | > in base, but in this case I think that this would be a useful change
  | > and I can't think of any problems with this.
  | >
  | > Any comments/objections?
  |=20
  | Sounds good - etc/release is basically a "checksum" of the userland
  | binaries.
  |=20
  | It would still be nice to have that file updated by "build.sh install=
=3D...)
  | though.

If it is part of the base set, it would be installed by "build.sh install=
=3D",
since that operation copies the base set (and comp, games, man, misc, text,
=2E..).  I.e., there would be no need to provide special support to copy
etc/release in the "install=3D" operation.

Cheers,
Luke.

--DCA/C9WSnDtl50zu

--DCA/C9WSnDtl50zu--