Subject: Re: Line graphics on terminal window
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/30/2004 21:56:33
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 09:30:28PM +0100, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
> Does anyone know how to do line drawings on a terminal window without
> using curses library? I'm trying to use termcap routines to
> enable/disable terminal capabilities. As I understand this correnctly,
> the following are related to line graphics:
>
> as        str       (P)       Start alternative character set
> ae        str       (P)       End alternative character set.

They work ok here... try:
$ tput as
$ ls
<page of pooh>
$ tput ae
<back to normal>

Also look at echo $TERMCAP, ae is probably ^O and as ^N.

You also use the 'ac' string to determine which line charatcter is which.
Pairs which answer the question: 'which character do I have to output to
have the same effect as an 'x' character on a vt100?'

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk