Subject: TenDRA compiler __RENAME and more
To: tech-userlevel <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sebasti=E1n_J._D=B4Alessandro?= <wonb@uolsinectis.com.ar>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/01/2004 16:59:26
Hello,

            I´ve compiled the Tendra C/C++ Compiler (http://www.ten15.org/),
on NetBSD/i386 1.6ZI. I needed to make a few changes on the source files and
finally it compiles (with gcc and tcc when it is available) and works. I
would
like to know if the changes are fine and if they are not, why?.

            There are two changes that I don´t fully understand, first the
sources of TenDRA redefine: _POSIX_NGROUPS_MAX, _POSIX_OPEN_MAX,
_POSIX_PATH_MAX. I commented them and let the ones of system effective, Is
this correct?

            The second problem is about the definition of __RENAME, all the
posibilities of defining __RENAME creates problems during compiling. I
solved the problem adding to cdefs.h the following:

                    + #ifdef __TenDRA__
                    + #define __RENAME(x)
                    + #else
                    #error "No function renaming possible"
                    + #endif

            What are the consecuences of the last change?. I would like to
hear the opinion of an advanced user, that fully understand the play of
_POSIX_NGROUPS_MAX, _POSIX_OPEN_MAX, _POSIX_PATH_MAX in the TenDRA sources
and the play of __RENAME during the compilation of the compiler.

            A complete explanation of the changes and the way of repeat them
is
in my page http://webs.uolsinectis.com.ar/gdalessandro/tendra.htm.

Thanks, Sebastián D´Alessandro.