Subject: Re: TCFS include files, termcap query
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/13/2004 06:42:35
Le Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:35:01 -0400
VaX#n8 a ecrit :
> Also, I'm sshing into a Fedora Core 1 Linux box and finding that many of
> the manpages show something like "&<80><98>target&<80><99>" when the
> manpage(iptables.8) includes something like this:
>
> a `target', which may be a jump to a user-defined chain in the same
>
> Can anyone point me in a direction to fix this?
> It makes manpages hard to read by screwing up the spacing.
> I'm no termcap/terminfo wizard.

RedHat crap defaults to UTF-8 since at least version 8 of their
distribution.  So change either your LANG setting in your shell rc file,
or the default one, in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.

<80><something> is a good indication of UTF-8 being in the way.

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.