Subject: building Linux kernel & K on NetBSD
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/07/2004 14:47:53
Good day to all,

Sorry if this is a wrong mailing list for my question just curious where to
ask :)

Background: @work we primary using BSD systems i.e. NetBSD and FreeBSD for
servers, workstations and so on. Due to historical reasons we do not use
Linux.

Input: we got some project which requires to develop software for the
following target - Intel PXA255 ARM CPU/Linix 2.4.x kernel. Software itself
is mostly OS independant and based on POSIX standards probably with RT
extensions.

Problem: I don't want to install Linux on my workstation just to be able to
build Linux binaries.

Question: I know i can freely build NetBSD distribution under Linux, thanks to
the flexible NetBSD build  framework. But can i build Linux under NetBSD ?
Does someone have such experience, probably some hints or tips ?

Thanks for attention.

// wbr