Subject: Re: retrieving netbsd-current sources
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/05/2004 02:31:58
>> Is there a way (or would it be possible) to get the entire source
>> thru a tar'gziped file for example to speed up the process?
> Sure, how about ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/
> ?

That solves the first part (getting the source) but doesn't explain how
to do the second part (using it to jump-start a tracking of current).
For both the mechanisms mentioned in the initial message (sup and cvs),
I've had bad experiences trying to prime things with files obtained by
means other than the transfer mechanism in question.  For my own
purposes, I've just held my nose and let the transfer run for a day or
so the first time (or when things get corrupted beyond its ability to
recover from).  I note the original poster appears to be European,
which likely means the cost structure is different from mine, so this
may not be practical....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign