Subject: Re: src build system query
To: Bruce J.A. Nourish <netbsd@bjan.freeshell.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/24/2004 17:45:18
Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm porting OpenBSD's diff3(1). It uses a C program in /usr/libexec
> to do the hard work, and a ksh wrapper in /usr/bin. How do I write
> a Makefile that does this? I'm currently using the following, but
> it installs everything in /usr/libexec:

Hmm, why is there the ksh wrapper at all? You should be able to do
the same thing they do in the Makefiles - how do their Makefiles look
like?

Jaromir

> PROG=   diff3prog
> MAN=    diff3.1
> BINDIR= /usr/libexec
>
> SCRIPTS=diff3
>
> .include <bsd.prog.mk>
>
> --
> Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan@bjan.freeshell.org> http://bjan.freeshell.org

-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-