Subject: nsswitch dynamic modules
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/28/2003 12:35:28
Hi :)

I have a question which I can't find any definitive answer to.
I've been a user of FreeBSD and OpenBSD for a "little" while and I was
planning on testing NetBSD as a replacement for both OS.
The only concern I have now is about nsswitch support. Under FreeBSD I use
ldap for user authentication with the help of nss_ldap+pam_ldap.
I know pam+pam_ldap can be installed on NetBSD, but I saw that nsswitch was
not able to load dynamic modules.
Do you know if there' re any work in progress regarding this matter or if
there're any other name service that could be use instead ?

Thanks for reading me.

Regards,

--
Antoine Jacoutot