Subject: Re: cvs 1.11.10 will be imported
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2003 20:38:07
--kR3zbvD4cgoYnS/6

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 07:53:47AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > > 	i'm not aware of the "interoperability issue".  any pointers?
> > > 	(i have no problem using cvs 1.11.10 against cvs.netbsd.org)
> >=20
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2003/12/05/0008.html, for a
> > very recent recent one.  This was also noted repeatedly in
> > project-internal circulation.
>=20
> 	has anyone reported the issue to cvshome.org?

To be honest, I'm not sure if it would help. In 2001 I sent a bug report=20
in to the cvs folks, complete with test case. Here's the scenario:

You have a file with local changes. Someone deletes the file from cvs,=20
putting the ,v file in the Attic. You cvs update, then you check in your=20
changes. You bring the file back to life, but the ,v file stays in the=20
Attic. So future checkouts won't pick it up unless you mention it by name.

This issue recently surfaced with files in src/sys.

You can see my efforts at resolving the issue in revisions 1.12 and 1.23=20
of pkgsrc/net/ucd-snmp-current/Makefile .

Take care,

Bill

--kR3zbvD4cgoYnS/6

--kR3zbvD4cgoYnS/6--