Subject: Re: config, using 64bit values in host tools
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/18/2003 13:27:15
> However, as a start, I would suggest that when a locator is defined,
> it's type is also defined.  This would allow config(8) to do some range
> checking of provided values, and would set the stage for config(8) to
> also pass up the type of the locator to the kernel.

Also, as far as portability goes doesn't C99 require a platform to
supply a valid uint64_t? So portability isn't necessarily out of reach there
as we already require a posix env to cross/host from and of the "tested"
hosting platforms that aren't *BSD I beleive they all have inttypes.h by
now. (Obviously a configure test is in order there and then suggest using gcc
for platforms that don't provide it).

James