Subject: Re: [malcolm.parsons@virgin.net: bsdgames: number claims English output, but outputs in American]
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@DOMINO.ORG>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/17/2003 11:39:06
On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 04:22:57PM +0000, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> I think both points Thor and Alistair have made are valid, what
> we need is en-us and en-uk. I'm sure that there are
> other langauges that have issues like this also [Japan?] and a
> standard and consistent way of dealing with it needs to be
> applied.

Hey, Neil!  I thought you'd fallen off the edge of the Earth, never to be
seen again!  I'm glad to see you on the lists again.

That said, I don't quite grasp your point.  Would you have us rewrite all
of the existing documentation to conform to a standard style for _each_
dialect, or "normalize" all new documentation into both dialects?  Given
that the differences are so minor, that doesn't really make sense to me.

As far as locales go, yes, en_us and en_uk are different locales and it
would be good to fully support them both.