Subject: Re: bc and dc revisited.
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/10/2003 07:18:27
On Nov 10, 2003, at 3:18 AM, <ragge@ludd.luth.se> wrote:

> I have removed the limits that the old tools had (like 99 decimals)
> and also taught it that modern machines has ints larger than 16 bits,
> so it will now run as fast as the GNU tools.
> I have not implemented all GNU options and switches that are available,
> but it should be fully compliant with POSIX etc.
>
> The code can be gotten from
> ftp://bakfull.campus.luth.se/netbsd/bcdc.tar.gz
> if someone want to look at it.

Cool.  I think it would be great to eliminate more GPL.

It would be cool if you had a regression suite for this.  Perhaps we
could just whatever regression suite GNU bc/dc has (there would not be
any GPL issues with the resulting program if we merely used a GPL'd
regression suite, since it is not linked into the resulting program).