Subject: bc and dc revisited.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/10/2003 12:18:09
About 1.5 year ago I restored the 32V bc and dc, and after the last weeks
discussions I thought it was a good time to propose to change to these
tools instead of using the gnu ones.

I have removed the limits that the old tools had (like 99 decimals)
and also taught it that modern machines has ints larger than 16 bits,
so it will now run as fast as the GNU tools.
I have not implemented all GNU options and switches that are available,
but it should be fully compliant with POSIX etc.

The code can be gotten from ftp://bakfull.campus.luth.se/netbsd/bcdc.tar.gz
if someone want to look at it.

Comments?

-- Ragge