Subject: Re: dd could replace rawrite
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/10/2003 07:08:11
On 10-Oct-03 John Hawkinson wrote:
> As a person well-used to command line tools, I have great difficulty
> believing you'll be "intimidated" in any real why by using rawrite.

Every time I sit down to make a floppy from a dos machine.. I start typing dd
if=foo and realize I'm screwed.  I then have to dig out the install
instructions to figure out how to run rawrite again.  I'm not saying it's use
is incredibly difficult and beyond my comprehension, i'm just saying it's not
intuitive to me.

I just think by the time you have the user at a command prompt typing a command
they probably have never used before, it's probably irrelevant what command you
give them to type, as long as it works right out of the instructions.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi