Subject: Re: libintl - gettext.m4 TNG
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/15/2003 14:10:57
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:40:30PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> >While compiling bison-1.875, I see that gettext.m4 is staying one step ahead
> >of our libintl/gettext_dummy.c:
>
> 	is it based on gettext 1.11?  then, see doc/3RDPARTY...

Yes:
# gettext.m4 serial 17 (gettext-0.11.5)

So you mean there is actual value in that test! I thought bison would just
use the interface, and gettext.m4 was just being difficult and looking for
an internal symbol. We could just fool it by defining the internal symbol.
I just edited out said variable from the configure script and

% bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 1.875
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

% ldd `which bison`
/usr/local/bin/bison:
         -lintl.0 => /usr/lib/libintl.so.0
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

I haven't actually tried to get it to emit another language though...

Cheers,

Patrick