Subject: Re: script command
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/29/2003 13:03:34
[ On Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 01:56:12 (-0700), Simon J. Gerraty wrote: ]
> Subject: script command
>
> Do we have a tool other than script(1) that can record I/O for a
> command?  FreeBSD's script(1), treats any left over args as a command
> to run - which is just what I need.  But netbsd's script has other
> features which are cool too...

The idea with "script" is that you start the command you want to run by
typing it to the shell started by script.

If you want to start a command and just record all it's output then how
about using just plain old "nohup"?

Or are you actually trying to record user interactions, not just the
output of a command?  If so why can't the user just type the command
name after starting script?

--
								Greg A. Woods