Subject: Re: Sybase for Linux on NetBSD?
To: None <MLH@goathill.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/15/2003 19:41:54
MLH wrote:
> I do have a py-Sybase client pkg that uses freetds which is ready
> to commit, but it requires threads and I'm waiting to see how the
> python threads stuff works out with -current before I commit it.

wow, I wasn't aware there was a free client library implementation.
Might have helped me a year ago to push NetBSD in one project :)

The -current threads seem to work fine in Python nowadays. You
don't get any assertions anymore at least, I don't use for any
thread-heavy python apps tho. It might be appropriate to enable
threads again in Python 2.2 pkg.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/