Subject: strfile(8)
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/11/2003 08:20:42
--mlvFMpb4NrD3AMcD

hi,

strfile(8) is used only as a host tool but installing manual page
anyway.

i noticed this in the cvs log:
----------------------------
revision 1.3
date: 1993/08/03 21:58:55;  author: mycroft;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
Shouldn't use NOMAN here.  We have a man page, even if we don't bother
to install the program anyway.
----------------------------

what's the reason for not installing it?  it seems a bit odd to have to
install it from pkgsrc/games/fortune-strfile when it's in the system
sources and the manual page is already installed.  the manual page
either should not be installed at all or the strfile should be installed
too.  can anyone shed some light into this?

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --