Subject: Re: technical acronyms (misc/17559)
To: None <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/09/2003 11:33:32
At Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:18:16 +0000 (UTC), "Jan Schaumann" wrote:
> Why (strawman):
> Other people might find it useful to keep an acronyms database with
> biological specifications of exotic fish, and they might want to add
> that file, too.

Why not (keep an acronyms.comp file out of the distribution):

"Is it more or less stupid than what's there now?"

Pick a different word than "stupid" if you're so inclined, but that's
the word i'd use.

IMO, 'wtf' as it currently exists now has no business being in, or
having ever been added to, the NetBSD source tree.

If one can find something which makes it more relevant or makes better
serve a technical audience, how does that hurt?

(Is this enough to justify it?  Personally, I doubt it.  However, if
there's a reason to have the existing DB, there's definitely enough
reason to have a "computer terminology" one.)

cgd