Subject: NFS v2 problems after upgrading to NetBSD-1.5.2
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/20/2003 16:33:13
I recently upgraded from NetBSD-1.4E to NetBSD-1.5.2 and CFS, Matt Blaze's
crypting filesystem, stopped working.  I cannot successfully perform this
operation:
mount_nfs -s -i -2 -U localhost:/mnt/null /mnt/crypt
Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered.

I notice that "rpcinfo -p" used to show cfsd registered there,
IIRC with a very high port and/or program number.  No longer does it show up.

If it makes any difference, I have not enabled IPv6 in my kernel config since
I don't fully understand it yet.

rpcbind generates the following syslogs:
Feb 20 16:30:40 linkdead rpcbind: cannot create socket for udp6
Feb 20 16:30:40 linkdead rpcbind: cannot create socket for tcp6
Feb 20 16:30:40 linkdead rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Feb 20 16:30:40 linkdead rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp: servname not supported for ai_socktype

Any help?