Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/etc
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/16/2003 15:10:51
Luke Mewburn said:

>What hacks have you made to mini_sendmail?

>Have you considered making a package of this (with or without your
>modifications) so others can easily evaluate the software? :)

After looking at the source for mini_sendmail, all I can ask is how
does this enhance NetBSD? IT's not really an MTA, as it can't receive
mail from the outside. NetBSD without a real MTA is useless for email.

And how does removing directories like /usr/local and /home enhance
NetBSD?

If the goal is to shrink NetBSD, why not remove sushi? Last I heard it
was severely broken, and yet it is shipped in 1.6.

Where is NetBSD going? It would be nice to know what all this hacking
away at the codebase is about.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com