Subject: Re: ThreadedX patch, take 2
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/20/2003 11:29:12
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:48:25 -0800
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

> So, assuming bleeding edge xsrc and bleeding edge src, the following
> patch seeems to DTRT with regards to pulling in stubs for non-threaded
> apps, and the real routines for threaded apps.  Patch against
> xsrc/xfree.

Have you looked at the builtin X11 thread stub, which seems to be
available via adding:
#  define BuildThreadStubLibrary  YES
to the NetBSD.cf file.

It then causes xc/lib/XThrStub to be built.  Which probably achieves the
desired effect.  FreeBSD and OpenBSD seem to use it.

Might also be worth checking out the effect of (although I couldn't find
it used in any Imakefile, perhaps it's out of date):
#  define NeedUIThrStubs          YES

Note I've not had time to do an X build yet, I'll try tonight.

Chris