Subject: Re: Larger rm Change
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/09/2003 13:32:17
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:11:41AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> I prefer the ff or even -F to force removing the extra bits before unlinking.
> There are places where this behavior is desired, and others where it is not,
> so we must be able to choose what we mean from the command line.

This is a hard one.  I would prefer (not ever having used the
immutable flag(s)) if rm -rf * (for root, at least) continued to
behave as expected, that is, remove all files irrespective of
settings.

A -F flag to limit the damage to files without immutable bits would
then be OK.

The reverse makes just as much sense, but it would bother me for
non-technical reasons.

++L