Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/bin/ksh
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/27/2002 14:07:27
Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> > What I'm missing is variable substitution.
> >
> > export FOO="Foo Bar Baz"
> > echo ${FOO// /_}
> >
> > ksh93 seems to have this feature, pdksh does not.
>
> That's nice, but does any of that work in "csh", the current default
> root shell?

No.  I didn't mean to compare ksh to other shells, but merely to point
out that I would like that feature.  bash does it, FWIW.

When I Find The Time(tm)[1], I'd be interested to poke around in ksh to add
this feature.

-Jan

[1] At current estimates, this will not happen before mid-november ;-)
--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."