Subject: Re: reducing library searches in ld.elf_so
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/23/2002 15:51:32
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 08:21:35AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>  - Why is there a path list at all? Must be ELF related, I never would have
>    thought that caching paths would gain anything.

In fact, I wondered that a little, too.

>  - Why isn't (at least thats my impression from your talk with Charles) before
>    any file system access is done the name of a searched module matched
>    against everything in the list of already loaded modules?  (Windows does
>    cheat here and only compares the basename, which is enough in any sane
>    setup anyway)

That's what exactly my patch does. If you take a look at the code, you'll
know that unconditional file system access is performed with the current
code. My patch addresses that.

Anyway, I need more investigation wrt this.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>