Subject: Re: finger
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/12/2002 09:27:39
I'm not sure if your argument is for or against the environment variable.

Only the environment variable will make a difference when finger is
called from a script or a binary.  The alias will not make it that far.

This why we must look at something in the environment.  If looking at
LC_CTYPE/LANG is not acceptable, I think a generic FINGER variable for
any "default" options would be better than FINGER_OPTION_I=YES.

+ Kim