Subject: Re: finger
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/10/2002 19:27:13
> Suppose that my passport is written in my native language, Japanese.
> A Custom officer of foreign contry may not read it.  That makes a
> Custom formalities more uncomfortable or even inpossible once in a
> while.  So unless there is particular agreement, my passport should
> be written in English, which has smallest charcter sets.

Actually, I think Hawaiian has a significantly smaller character set
than English.  The reason for using English in things like passports is
not that it has a small character set but rather that it is _very_
widely understood, probably the closest thing to a globally understood
language there is at present.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign