Subject: Re: correct shell behaviour?
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/20/2002 17:26:09
> Our /bin/sh is definitely broken for the second '$?' though, and it too
> differs from SunOS-5 for the final one.  Interestingly it was not broken
> in 1.3.3 (and presumably was OK in earlier releases too).

It looks as though it 'was broken', 'got fixed' and is now
broken again...

It is such a gorgeous summer's day here that I've been writing
a script to test some of these obscure shell 'features'.

The netbsd '/bin/sh' doesn't fair very well, I've a fixed version
that does somewhat better....

I've also found some more bugs:
- the 'special builtin' 'times' is absent
- a user defined function overrides a special builtin
  (interestingly 'command' isn't a special builtin, so can be
  overridden by a user defined shell function!)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk