Subject: Re: silly request for ideas about about silly change
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/21/2002 14:10:22
On 21 Jun 2002, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Since the start of time, I've been bothered by cal(1). About 80% of the
> time I'd like to see not just the current month but the next
> couple. However, cal gives me only two options -- see this month (or
> some month), or see a whole year. Of course, the whole year rapidly
> scrolls off. Yah, I can run more(1) and this is a totally niggling
> annoyance, but after 20 years of suffering with it I want to get rid
> of being annoyed.

While we're at it, would anyone mind if I, as a sperate change, made it so
that if you asked for just some number (cal 3 for instance), you got month
three, as opposed to year 3? I mean how often do we care about 3 AD? If
there was interest, I could also add -y <year no> syntax for those who
really care about 1 AD through 12 AD if there's interest.

Thoughts?

Take care,

Bill