Subject: Re: This should be the final cat(1) patch...
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/08/2002 15:21:47
[ On Saturday, June 8, 2002 at 14:58:29 (-0400), Mason Loring Bliss wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: This should be the final cat(1) patch...
>
> It turns out that tools/compat/Makefile pulls them into libnbcompat...
>
> There are things about how this is done that seem vaguely dicey to me, but
> since a bunch of other host tools use 'em, that and /usr/share/misc/style's
> advice leave me inclined to use err(3)...

I suppose that's OK (I didn't know about libnbcompat -- it's newer than
my most active source tree ;-), though it still makes programs using
such stuff less portable than they could be.  I'm not saying all host
tools should be strictly POSIX conforming, but SuSv2 provides a fair bit
of functionality and still a good deal of portability....  :-)

(and libnbcompat is harder to find than I think it needs be -- I looked
for libcompat and libnbcompat and nbcompat, not "compat" :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods