Subject: Re: Perl 5.8-to-be NetBSD testing?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/27/2002 21:20:55
On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:15:11PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Martin Weber wrote:
> [..]
> and so not
> hard-code any paths in "/usr/pkg"?

Yes, I told that already. The hints/netbsd.sh in the main dir just
uses /usr/pkg, where it should use ${PREFIX} imho. But that would
break building from non-pkgsrc, although you could say ${PREFIX:-/usr/pkg},
too, to fix that.. Jarkko told me to leave that to the package gurus which
import the package then, and I think they know how to dtrt I guess :)

> The way it is now, "perl"
> out-of-the-box (with "./Configure -de") breaks on most NetBSD boxes,
> and the typical user isn't going to know how to fix it.

Yeah, but we're in the stage where we can fix things, hope our perl-package
maintainers join in the testing ...

-Martin