Subject: More (i386) build lossage
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/26/2002 13:46:34
I wrote, just an hour or two ago, about an i386 box running the 04-10
snapshot, trying to build current.  I wrote that

> I'll try creating /usr/obj and see if that's enough to keep it happy,
> but I'm not at all sure that's TRT....

I created /usr/obj, and then the build got to the point of telling me

===> WARNING: Building to /.
===> If your kernel is not up to date, this may cause the system to break!

which I'd forgotten about.  So I went to /usr/src/usr.sbin/config and
tried to "make dependall" there.  This fell over complaining about
something in /usr/src/tools/obj not existing.  So I went to
/usr/src/tools and did a "make dependall".  When it was done, I went
back to .../config and did the make dependall again.  It died again,
complaining

/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.NetBSD-1.5ZC-i386/bin/nbmkdep: not found

I checked, and that directory is full of various toolchainish
executables, but nbmkdep isn't one of them.  Does this indicate
breakage, or have I just done something stupid?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign