Subject: Re: default passwd.conf file
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/14/2002 00:20:52
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 03:58:45PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Unless there are quite solid objections, I would to to make the
> following our standard /etc/passwd.conf:

> default:
>         localcipher = md5
>         ypcipher = old

Incidentally, why isn't this in login.conf instead?

Is there some reason to have NetBSD's login.conf be different
from other login.conf implementations for just how passwords
are stored?

Like, what else is going to go in passwd.conf? Is it really worth
it to have a three line config file?
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600