Subject: finding where is errno
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/13/2002 12:36:14
Hi!

I'm still working on COMPAT_IRIX. It seems that during signal delivery,
the kernel has to build a signal frame with a field containing errno
address in userspace. It is used by the signal trampoline to set errno
on sigreturn exit.

Anyone has an idea about how the kernel can learn the position of errno?
I assume I can walk through the symbol table, but is there something
simplier? Walking through the symbol table means handling relocation,
hence importing a lot of ld.so functionnality into the kernel, it looks
quite bad.

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus. =20
Vous avez deplac=E9 la souris.=20
Windows NT doit maintenant redemarrer pour valider les modifications.
manu@netbsd.org