Subject: RE: sushi bugs
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/01/2002 20:08:36
On 01-Apr-02 Bill Studenmund wrote:
> 1) as you can see, foo and foo_flags values are reversed. The YES/NO
> values go on the foo_flags lines, and the foo lines get the flag values.
>
> 2) When sushi tries to re-read this form, it core dumps.
>
> Thoughts?

Hrmm..  So.. it looks like it gets messed up right at the beginning.  Yep,
there was something added to defaults/rc.conf without it being added to the
sushi menu.  (swapoff=NO)  When this happens, the script loses it's ordering of
what is where, and gets out of sync.  I fixed that, and re-audited the file,
and found a few more things that were out of date.

It's very difficult to keep sushi in sync with current, however, keeping it in
sync with the release is much easier.  Sushi and current don't allways play well
together because of the fact that current changes too fast for me to keep up
with all by myself.

As for the rest of this thread,  I've been fixing bugs in sushi just as fast as
I can find them, with a few exceptions.  If nobody tries it out and gives me
detailed bug reports, like Bill was so kind to do here, then I can't very well
fix it.  It's been in the tree for months now, and only just now, with the cut
for 1.6 right on my shoulders, are the bug reports starting to come in.  I
think I deserve a little slack.

The nice thing about freezing the tree for a release branch, is that once it's
frozen, I won't have to fight entropy to get sushi in sync.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi