Subject: Re: libc ieee math cleanup
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/12/2002 13:54:13
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> You don't need to / sizeof(char) there, because IIRC that's defined to
> always be 1.

Ah, right you are.  I'll fix that...

> Also, why delete the optimized 68040 version?

The "optimized 68040 version" is the same as everyone else's C
version :-)

And David Laight wrote:

> I haven't looked at the old defns for these routunes, but were they
> global before?  If not the names need rather more '_' and all the 'weak'
> defintion.  (Maybe ansi prototypes?)

I haven't touched the definition of these functions at all (except for
the different union in the nan/inf constants).

Of these, isinf() and isnan() are used by vfprintf.o, and do have
weak-symbol versions.  I've ANSIfyied the functions themselves.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/