Subject: Re: Keeping /etc/defaults and /etc/rc.d in-sync
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/28/2001 23:17:35
>> well...in order to change it such that $command was handled as,
>> instead, a variable like $rcvar...there would have to be bit of
>> rearchitecting of rc.subr, and it might not end up as pretty.
>> seriously though, i think that rc.conf.d does exactly what you need
>> already.
>
>I'm not sure who rc.conf.d is for, but I hope it never becomes the
>only supported way to do anything.

the "who" would be anyone that wants to use it.  i could be considered
an alternative to rc.conf, if you felt like using it that way.

on the other hand, it's just another way you can configure specific
things.  i doubt it will ever become the "only supported way to do
anything".

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|