Subject: Re: Keeping /etc/defaults and /etc/rc.d in-sync
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/27/2001 20:22:51
ad@interlude.eu.org (Andrew Doran) writes:

>Andrew Doran <ad@interlude.eu.org> wrote:

>> It seems to me that some of the problems noted here could be dealt with in a
>> more simple way by having /usr/{local,pkg,X11R6}/etc/rc.d included in
>> rcorder's pass during boot.

>			   ^^ after the standard scripts have completed.

Sometimes the local,pkg,X11R6 scripts shall replace or augment the
standard scripts. In this case it is not sufficient to run then
after the standard scripts completed, instead of you have produce
a new list as soon as local,pkg,X11R6,... comes into existence.

Merging in a new list also has to resolve namespace conflicts. That
probably requires a new feature in rcorder.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de