Subject: Re: Keeping /etc/defaults and /etc/rc.d in-sync
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/26/2001 23:00:41
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Andrew Brown wrote:

# >Actually, what would go a long way toward solving that would also be
# >/etc/mk.conf, in which LOCALBASE and X11BASE are defined.
# >
# >i.e.
# >
# >ntpd=YES	ntpd_path="$LOCALBASE/bin/ntpd"
# >
# >This in case LOCALBASE ever gets redefined and migrated.  Not likely,
# >but possible.
#
# so...
#
# (1) echo LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg >> /etc/rc.conf
# (2) echo 'command=$LOCALBASE/bin/ntpd' > /etc/rc.conf.d/ntpd
#
# ...and you're done.  no?
#

rc.conf.*d*?  We're making a whole bloody tree specifically for rc.conf
stuff?

Oy.  That's just about hitting the height of absurdity.  I find this
solution to be ludicrous.  How far are we going to split things out,
here?  With the way things are sharding, I'm inclined to say that we're
starting to make Debian look easy.

# --
# |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
# codewarrior@daemon.org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
# twofsonet@graffiti.com (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
# andrew@crossbar.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."
#

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: "Progress on your system is closer than it appears."