Subject: HEADS UP: new curses in tree
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/02/2001 19:52:46
Folks,
        I have just committed my wad of changes to implement the
newterm and set_term functions.  The changes are quite extensive at a
fundamental level (as I said before).  I believe that there are no
real problems but you never know...

One thing to look out for is that you must update your vi source and
recompile that after installing the new libcurses otherwise vi will
enter a tail-spin, entering that safe but oh so smelly haven and
vanishing with a pop and a segv.  This is NOT a bug with curses this
is a problem with vi stealing library function names in certain
configurations - in this case vi defines it's own newterm if it has
been told there is not one in libcurses.  I have committed the config
file change for this to the vi sources so you should be ok.

If anyone has any problems with curses after this change then please
file a pr and CC blymn@netbsd.org - unfortunately I lack the time to
track these mailing lists so if you want my attention you will have to
CC the mail to me.

Share and enjoy.